Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Liquid Gold

As man of you may know, this year has been incredibly insane for me. Moving across the country and getting married being only two of the huge things that happened this year. 

I've always been a fairly anxious and I seem to be subconsciously attracted to stress as well. Owning and running my own business solo on top of everything that's been going on this year has multiplied those fun attributes ten-fold. In addition to being high-strung, my health has always been a concern and a struggle for me. Mental and emotional strain greatly effects my physical health - as it does most people. For me it's so much so that I can't remember a time when my body decided to digest something correctly on its own. Since I was a child I had stomach issues that directly correlated with my mental state. None of this was ever diagnosed, as several of my doctors suggested it was simply psychosomatic. It very well may be, but that never explained why no food, supplements, home remedies, nor all the sleep and exercise in the world could fix the constant struggle I had with abdominal pain, discomfort, and fatigue.

So I just tried wiping everything out. I'm a fairly healthy eater as it is, despite my tendency to every so often reach for a diet coke or a bag of the saltiest salted almonds you can imagine. I got stricter with my nutritional intake and things got better for awhile, but never long enough. Then I discovered "teatoxing." 
Now, I'm no doctor nor am I anywhere an expert. I only know what works for me. Teatoxes tend to be more for losing weight, but I while I was doing my research I discovered that most brands of teas tend to claim to have the same benefits. Which is basically that it just makes everything go back to normal. Which makes sense since you need a clean body, energy, and enough sleep in order to safely lose weight. I have no desire to lose any weight -- in fact it may make my problems even worse. So I had to be very careful when choosing.

I found Skinny Teatox through their instagram account by accident one day. I researched reviews and found that their customers were very pleased with varied results. I gave it a try and I loved it! It was gentle enough on me to notice a difference in my mood, energy, and over all well being but not strong enough to shed too much weight off my already thin frame. A part of detoxing in general requires the replacement of liquids in your body, which means temporary weight loss while your body sheds fluids and replaces them. I eliminated exercise while detoxing to ensure I wouldn't exceed my limits physically. I started my teatox two weeks before my wedding and I think it really made a difference. I felt limitless in regards to my energy level and remained calm (most of the time).

Thanks so much for your help through this stressful time in my life, Skinny Teatox! I really need the extra boost. I'll definitely be back for more! 
Be sure to check out my new friends on all social platforms:
Instagram: @skinnyteatox

Stay tuned for more health related posts in the future! 

 


2 comments:

  1. Your photographs are so beautiful! I'm really prone to stress and anxiety as well. :/ This tea sounds lovely, though. I'll have to try it.

    http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have diagnosed anxiety disorder and everything affects my tummy as well. Definitely going to give this a try, thanks for the word!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover